Thoughts for Thursday (11) - 20-Something and Single

Welcome to Thoughts for Thursday! This feature is our outlet to talk with you about whatever we currently have on our minds. It might be bookish, it might not! Now for this week's thought:

20-Something and Single

I said I would get personal in 2014 so here goes...

I am about to turn 25 and I am single and this is something that seriously stresses me out. I am surrounded by people that are either married, engaged or in a stable long-term relationship and I can't help but feel like I am behind in the game. I feel this pressure to be on the road to marriage and I'm no where close. I am meeting so few people even date-worthy that my relationship status has little to no hope of changing any time soon. And I feel like this is only going to get harder as I get older. I feel time passing like this huge weight on my shoulders.

I guess the million dollar question is if I want to be in a relationship and the answer is yes, and not just because I feel like I should be. But I am not willing to settle for fear of dying alone with cats. At least not yet. Admittedly, I could try harder. But I am trying. I am dating and keeping an open mind. But since my normal routine/circle of friends is not bringing me into contact with new guys, it's getting to that point where I am forced to step out of my comfort zone and I need to decide how far I am willing to go to meet new people. Like, is it time to try online dating?

I just feel so discouraged. I hate that it feels like my only options are to stay single or put myself in a situation I don't want to be in in hopes of meeting someone. I tell myself that I am still young and have lots of time but I can't help but still worry. I don't think I should just wait around for the unlikelihood that I will stumble upon Mr. Right. This is the one part of my life that I am unhappy about that I can't just easily fix.

And maybe it's just my paranoia, but I feel like people think something is wrong with me when I tell them I am single. Maybe I am biased, but I don't think anything is wrong with me. It's just really hard to meet people. That.. and I am kind of a homebody.

I apologize if I sound ranty or silly and I hope I don't offend anyone. I am just putting myself out there and sharing something about my personal life that maybe some of you can relate to. I barely had the courage to post this.

If anyone understands how I am feeling or has some happy endings to share, I'd love to hear from you!
divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs