Thoughts for Thursday (12) - 5 "Oldies-but-Goodies" I Vow to Read in 2014

Welcome to Thoughts for Thursday! This feature is our outlet to talk with you about whatever we currently have on our minds. It might be bookish, it might not! Now for this week's thought:

5 "Oldies-but-Goodies" I Vow to Read in 2014

So these books aren't "old" per say but anything released before the previous calendar year that has a strong following I like to call "oldies-but-goodies". And these are the 5 "oldies-but-goodies" that I've set my sights on for this year. I already own all of these, I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I have no good excuses. So without further ado...

5. Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

I love this cover and the synopsis gives me goosebumps.
I also snagged this through ARCycling so it gets bumped up the list.

4. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

"A richly inventive novel about a centuries-old vampire, a spellbound witch, 
and the mysterious manuscript that draws them together." 
Need I say more? That sounds freaking awesome.

3. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

"To survive in a ruined world, she must embrace the darkness"
I've heard this ranks among the best Vampire Fiction. 
That's enough of a reason for me.

2. Hate List by Jennifer Brown

I love Jennifer Brown.
There is no good reason for not reading this yet.

1. On the Jelicoe Road by Melina Marchetta


This will be my first Marchetta contemporary.
I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this book.


So what do you think of my list? Have you read any of these? Are there any books you think I missed? What "oldies-but-goodies" are you going to read in 2014? 

divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs